How to choose a school for a child?
Choosing a school is an important decision not only for the child, but also for you - the parents. It is you who have to face this task, which is very responsible and difficult. There are also parents among us, so we understand these dilemmas perfectly. Guided by the good of your child, you are looking for a place that will be like a second home - cozy, safe, full of kindness and sensitivity for each student.
Questions arise: What can my child learn here? Will it be treated subjectively and individually? What if, due to its limitations, it cannot keep up with the rest? Will the bar be too high or too low? The trust and collaboration between the parents and the teachers are the fundamental ideas in our school. Colorful School is a special institution, although we would like it to be called a specialized one. We work with children who need a unique approach and we proudly provide it to theem.
How is the colorful School?
Typically, class teams consist of four pupils and not more than six pupils. There are three main levels of learning:
- the teacher's helping staff is present in each room;
- each child / student is provided 5x45 minutes;
- weekly specialist classes, tailored to the needs and indications in the decision, are carried out by: a speech therapist, neurologopedist, pedagogue, psychologist, physiotherapist; classes include: hand therapy, gait therapy, psychomotor classes, multi-profile sensory stimulation;
- the teaching staff of the Colorful School are suitably educated teachers, empathetic and creative;
- we introduce alternative communication if it is indicated by the child's need and the speech therapy diagnosis
- all pupils have an individual educational and therapeutic program developed by teachers and specialists;
- the school building is modern and aesthetically equipped, friendly to people with disabilities;
- we have prepared a large green area and a playground for children, available for children in wheelchairs;
- children love our World Experience Room, which stimulates all the senses.
7:15 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. - before-school care;
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. - lessons, specialist classes;
3.00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. - after-school care, specialist classes.
Colorful School teaches, entertains and educates
In Colorful School , the lesson system is regulated by teachers. There are no bells and the breaks between lessons are spent in their rooms or in the internal playground - always under the care of their tutor.
School is not only about learning, but also about celebrations, meetings, parties, trips and outings. Our students had the opportunity, among others see the yoghurt and ice cream production at ŁSM Jogo. Maths practically? Yes - during a trip to the NBP Treasury. Anyone who wanted to play the role of a pharmacist could do so during a fascinating trip to the Museum of Pharmacy. A visit to the Widzew stadium was a great treat for the students. We also went further, to cities like Toruń, Wrocław or Warsaw.
The Colorful School is visited by theaters, dancers, musicians, athletes and other wonderful guests. We organize parties and celebrations for pupils and celebrate birthdays. We integrate our school community with children from the local municipal kindergartens and primary schools. We want the time spent in the walls of the Colorful School to be a time of fruitful and enjoyable learning for your children, free of stress and additional burdens. We will strengthen your children's self-esteem and develop their independence from others.
How to enroll a child in the Colorful School?
- application for admitting a child to school;
- application for admitting a child to the appropriate class (DOWNLOAD HERE)
- a decision about the need for special education or a decision about the need for rehabilitation and educational activities;
- certificate of disability (if the child has got one).